Mis à jour : 5 févr. 2019
The first thing you need to know is to discover what you really want from life is to know who you are.
Life is so short that you cannot wait for your wishes to be fulfilled. Neither is it generous enough to let you take everything for granted. However, it is possible to design your life in a way you can go out and grab whatever you want.
First of all, you need to have a clear picture of where you are at right now. Then you need to discover what you truly want from life.
You need to develop a clearer understanding of what you want and find the ways to make sure that you are going to fulfill your dreams.
These first steps are the foundation on which the others are based so it’s important to spend a bit of timing working out your ideas.
The first question to ask yourself is :
What is success you?
Most of us would say we want to be successful but success means different things to different people.
For some, it’s all about material success and that seldom goes beyond money, cars or big homes as the key to fulfillment. For others, success is much more about happiness or satisfaction or emotional reward.
Regardless of how differently people perceive success, virtually everyone wants it.
You must have your own definition for success. However, you don’t have to be dogmatic about this – you may notice that it changes over time; perhaps even as you work through the questions you will ask yourself all along.
Write your definition of what success currently means to you on a piece of paper. Do not carry on reading this until you have done so.
Your definition of success is formed by 7 influences in your life :
• 1.Upbringing: Everyone perceives things on the basis of the values they have learned in childhood.
• 2. Beliefs: Beliefs, deep-rooted in your mind, affect the way you perceive things.
• 3.Traits: Particular characteristics that distinguish you or that are genetically determined will also influence the way you view things.
• 4.Attitude: Everyone has opinions or general feelings that affect their thoughts and actions.
• 5. Peers: Your family, friends, coworkers or whoever you maintain a constant contact with can influence the way you perceive things.
• 6. Society: The views and attitudes of other people generally have a significant influence.
• 7. Life experience: Small or big, each and every experience in your life influences the way you perceive things.
The second question we should reflect on is :
Are we born to be winners or losers?
There is a myth that states that people are born winners or born losers. Nothing could be further from the truth. Nobody is born just to win or lose. The way you live your life makes you a winner or loser.
Using self-improvement techniques and methods can positively influence your attitude, behavior and personality leading you to the destination called success.
More often than not, you are responsible for what you get from life. Even a single sensible timely step can change the entire scenario. You need to sense what the situation demands and act accordingly.
Few things are worse than looking back after some years and wishing you had done something. As success guru Jim Rohn says: “We must all suffer from one of two pains, the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is that discipline weights ounces while regret weighs tons.”
Know where you are going in life
To achieve the success you want, you need to know where you are going and then constantly check to make sure you are moving in the proper direction.
Creating a vision and a mission statement of what you want out of life will provide you with some direction and momentum to move forward.
It can act as a catalyst in accomplishing your task.
I wish you a lot of success !
Your Success Life Strategist Coach